20.8.12

Overnight escape

The more and more I think about it, the more I dread the idea of a full time job in an office space with no sunlight or fresh air or view of the outside world. I admire those who make a living out of the office!

I had a very special package delivered to me on Friday. When I first opened the lid to reveal the cupcakes - my eyes lit up, wide with wild amorous lust. I licked my lips like a hungry, dirty wolf. I wondered to myself... would it be wrong to eat all 12 cupcakes by myself? This very night?  No one else knows about the cupcakes. We are alone together.
These aren't the sort of cupcakes that you can eat casually with a cup of tea and a friend. These are the sort of cupcakes that you eat in a ravenous desperate frenzy trying to suck every last bit of cupcake goodness from the silver wrapping. Lauren Tregenza is a cupcake goddess.
cc1 cc2 cc3

A little escape out of my cabin fever.  4 1/2 hours stuck on the M1.  Broadbeach Jazz festival.   Hotel room slumber.  Beach frolic.  Cheesy hand holding that makes my knees weak.  Street dancing with Chukale at the Gold Coast.

I'm sorry for the delay - I crashed into bed on Sunday by 8.30pm. gc3 gc2 gc1 gc4 b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 b6 b7 b8 b9 b10

This lemonade looks refreshing - now that the weather is getting warmer!

Things are going to get crazy in the next few weeks! Keep the date free on Wednesday evening, 26th September for my exhibition! (More details to come soon)

And to leave you with a little bit of Emily illustration: A band poster for 'the pockets'.
3 beautiful ladies with lovely harmonies, ukuleles and a melodica! the_pockets_web

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Aw your photos (and comments) of the cupcakes are so lovely, thank you! Also the photos of your weekend away makes me think I should just drop everything I'm doing and drive to the beach to bask in the sun all day!