22.7.12

Afternoon tea with Pommy

vege2 vege1 pom1 banana1 pom3 pom4 banana2 pom2
emilygreen emilygreen2 bluewater badges
1. Harvest from my garden: Cherry tomatoes, baby eggplant, bok choy, baby spinach, rocket & lettuce

2. I had a friendly visitor for afternoon tea. He was entranced by banana cake and then had a laugh about it later.

3. Banana cake recipe: Pecan, banana, honey & cinnamon
Mix 1/2 cup honey, 5 tblsp melted butter, 1 egg, 3/4 cup self raising flour, 3/4 cup plain flour, tbsp cinnamon, (more sugar if desired), 2-4 mashed bananas depending on how sticky you like your banana cake and chopped pecans. Place more pecans and sprinkle brown sugar on top. Cook 180 deg until no cake mixture when poked with a skewer (or approx 1 hour).

4. My new Emily Green necklace that I bought at the Finders Keepers Markets and love so much
(Some more of my photos for the Weekend Edition from the Finders Keepers Markets)

5. Tasty blue water

6. I'm having a wooden badge sale over in my shop.

7. I love love love the new Harvest Workroom/Textiles range that has been featured on The Design Files this week.
Harvest Textiles on The Design Files
(Img from: The Design Files   Photo taken by: Sean Fennessy )

I now have 5 days available each week to work on freelance work/personal projects. This is so exciting to me and I am filled with so much joy and satisfaction from getting this time. My 5 days seem to get crazy busy! I love that it's busy, however I need a new way to manage time so that I can at least get 1/2 day-1 day off doing nothing but being a lazy vegetable. I can take time off to do things that I enjoy and lots of fun distractions come a long, but I also have to make some sacrifices. Yesterday I went to see The Batman! so I stayed up until 3am getting more work done. Today I am getting a massage because prolonged sitting hours make me all stiff and old and my knees hurt because I sit cross-legged at the computer. There are many insecurities mixed with bouts and bursts of excitement.
Aim for this week: Exercise for at least 15-30 mins every day. Drink more home made juice. Stretch every 2 hours minimum.

Here is a good stretch that is awesome if you sit cross-legged/slouched at computer:
Piriformis Stretch - Cross right leg over left at knee. Clasp hands behind bottom leg and pull both legs towards your chest. Repeat with opposite leg. (Stretch should be felt in buttocks of crossed leg)
This stretch feels freaking amazing!
stretch


Here is a gig poster I illustrated for Kellee Green for her gig at the Brisbane Jazz Club - Sunday Brunch 
KelleeGreen_web

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Haha, this is such a friendly blog! Congratulations on getting to freelance five days a week! I'm currently at 2 and a half, which is less than optimal. Maybe you should take a stretch and come work on illustration at my cafe in Sherwood--Steve Smith told me I should meet you and that you live down that way! We're beside the post office.

PS How amazing is Jacinta Moore?

Sam x

Makoto said...

Hey Em!

Haven't commented in a while, but I look forward to your post every Monday :) Loving all your illustrations and photos and the fact that Pommy makes quite a regular appearance.

Great to hear that you will be having more time for your creative projects!

PS Banana cake looks delish!

xx

Emily Nelson said...

Thanks Sam, I sent you a message on FB! I will defs have to come for a tea and visit you.
I LOVE Jacinta Moore's work... it was so nice of her to email me back while she was busy travelling and give me a bit of info about her dog Poppy!

Makoto! thank you for visiting... I'm glad to hear that you like reading regularly, that's so nice! I'm a bit too Pommy obsessed haha. Miss you!