20.12.12

Christmas is coming: Gift Guide

I can't believe it's nearly Christmas. What happened?
I feel like I've been hit by a tornado of a year - but more about that later, because now we need to get in the Christmas spirit!

Because I have abandoned you for so long, I am going to make up for it by making a little Christmas post every day until Christmas.

I am almost finished my work for the year and then I get to relax and enjoy myself.
I would like to unwind with one of these....
joy the baker hot buttered rum & cider

What are you doing for the Christmas holidays?
I'm fantasising about going camping at Lennox Heads for a night or two and abandoning technology, or a Stradbroke Island day trip, finally making some home made ice cream and doing all of the projects that I haven't had time for this year. To be honest though, it will just be really nice to have a rest and do nothing, even if I just lay on the floor in the lounge room and watch DVDs every day.

Ok so we only have 5 more days until Christmas and this is my gift guide, incase you are still stuck for ideas!
My Christmas Wish List
Breville food processor - so you can become a kitchen magician
Wheel & Barrow Icy Pole Moulds, with this book, so you can make ice blocks like this:
iceblocks
Melon baller with melon, to help keep your summer cool
Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals that are delicious and easy to cook
The beautiful My Abuela's Table written and illustrated by Daniella Germain
Find & Keep - full of crafty activities to do all holidays
Little Vege Patch Co - How to grow food in small spaces
Little Vege Patch Co - Guide to back yard farming
Girls - Season 1 on DVD to help you find some humour in your failings
Eco Yoga mat, yoga props and dvd - so that you can do yoga from home
Zen Hot Yoga classes for toned thighs on the beach
A Yoga practice wall chart to keep you inspired
Inika mineral make up foundation kit - because you care about chemical free products for your skin (Available at Shop Naturally online or in store at Biome)
A'kin Rosehip oil for night time wrinkle treatment
Coconut oil - for your hair, your skin and your kitchen (Available at Shop Naturally online or in store at Wray Organics)

For the photography enthusiast visit Photojojo for a fool proof gift guide
photojojo Christmas gift guide

My favourite local shops for Christmas:
Sunday Social - for a mood ring and friendship bracelet to give to your buddy (or a pair of vintage sunglasses and earrings for yourself).
Atavist Books - Emily Nelson Art  greeting cards are currently stocked at Atavist Books! (I always find a good book to read here, Sian has a knack for recommendations.)
Ra Ra Superstar - The prettiest range of head bands around! (Or a cute vintage hand bag).
Biome - This awesome lunch recipe book, some lovely eco body products and red and white twine!
Nook - Support your local crafters and artists this Christmas AND find big rolls of twine in all different colours for all of your Christmas wrapping.
We Live Like This - for your Lauren Carney prints, cards and wrapping paper and other local crafter goodness.
Bunker Coffee - you can buy a 6 pack of Bunker specialty iced coffee or chocolate for a hot Christmas day!

Last last minute gift ideas:
Subscriptions take one minute!
Frankie Magazine - um...what girl wouldn't love this?
Lynda - Gift months of online learning. I would seriously love this.

Gift guide suited to person who enjoys cooking, art and craft, yoga and cares for the environment.

Lastly, I'm very excited to finally share a special Christmas commission I have been working on recently based on my "I think you're lovely" greeting card. This is a tribute to the Vincent family's late cat - Dr Octagon. 
Tribute to Dr Octagon

Next: DIY Gift Wrapping

No comments: