15.4.12

Dreaming of Berlin from my sickbed!

Hello, I hope you all had a lovely Easter break! I spent my Easter weekend at the Blues & Roots festival where I got my groove on to Earth, Wind & Fire, Trombone Shorty and Maceo Parker (who totally blew my mind). We stayed in Kingscliff and I fell in love with the area. The hotel was so beautiful and relaxing and clean and quiet and a nice break in between days at the festival! It was a nice place to wash off grass, smoke, weed, spilt rum & cokes, dust, dirt, tired feet and portaloo memories - am I getting too old for festivals? Before we went home I went for a lovely frolic along the beach where I saw two dogs sitting under their own umbrellas, a sausage dog running along the beach, a surfing camera crew and just general blue sky & sunshine. I went for a great swim and didn't want to leave. As we left I dreamt of owning a home in Kingscliff. I LOVE the sea.
Lightening
Alas just as I am refreshed and ready to conquer the world I am STRUCK DOWN!! By the Gastro/food poisoning/tummy bug - road block. WHHYYYy did this happen to me!? This is a completely new way to detox. It's called the 'throw up every thing you've ever eaten and then don't eat anything again for a few days diet'. An intervention was held about my sick complaining facebook statuses - however Twitter & Blogger were not mentioned in the intervention.
Being sick AGAIN for like the 5th time in 5months SUCKS. New sick every month. I'm just a little under the weather lately and I can't shake this rain cloud!!
Under the weather

It was my dads 55th Birthday yesterday. Because dad's love art by their daughters and frame their work all over their house:
Pot Decoration Concept
Pot Decoration 01
Pot Decoration 02
Birthday Chicken 02
Birthday Chicken

The Pictoplasma festival/conference has been on this week and I have been wishing I was there!
SO...
Here is my coverage of Pictoplasma - from my dreams. Pictoplasma (AKA) 'A festival conference of contemporary character design & art'.

My good friend Alex Grigg was able to go to the event in Berlin and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. He took this photo at Pictoplasma! Lucky duck! :
Pictoplasma photo by Alex Grigg

Make sure that you click READ MORE below to see all of the Pictoplasma speakers AND a sample of all of their work!!



Here are some of the excellent speakers!

Gary Baseman
This five part interview will tell you all you need to know! (You get to see inside Gary Baseman's studio and house!)
Gary Baseman [Interview By Kyle Fitzpatrick - Photos by Justin Sullivan]

You might also recognise Gary Baseman's work on "Teacher's Pet"
Gary Baseman [Interview By Kyle Fitzpatrick - Photos by Justin Sullivan]

Gemma Correll
I'm a big fan of Gemma Correll's work! I highly recommend that you have a good look around her website!
See her studio
Visit her blog
See her daily diary

gemma correll [Image from Gemma Correll's Blog]
Other Gemma Correll projects:
What I wore today Also see the book here.
Gemma Correll T-Shirts "Pugs Not Drugs"
Designers and Illustrators Against Plagiarism Facebook Community
Here is also a great interview from Studio Sweet Studio (A blog about creative's and their spaces and work) with Gemma Correll and Tuesday Bassen Read the Interview here!

Mark Gmehling
Watch this video portrait interview with Mark Gmehling, it's very interesting to get an insight into the process of his work & influences of street art!

MARK GMEHLING ARTIST PORTRAIT from Mark Gmehling on Vimeo.



Femke Hiemstra
Femke Hiemstra [Image from Femke Hiemstra's Blog "Femtasia"]
Read a little about how Femke works.

Florentijn Hofman
Oversized character installations!!!

Fat Monkey from florentijn hofman on Vimeo.


Jeanspezial
Jeanspezial is an imaginary artist made up by the an art collective who work under the name Jeanspezial.
Take a look at their Tumblr - it's about as hip as it gets!

Nathan Jurevicius
Known for graphic novel: Scary Girl

Raymond Lemstra
Have a look at his blog: http://www.raymondlemstra.nl/BLOG

Joshua Ben Longo
Have you seen these amazing creatures from Longoland!?
Longoland [image from Joshua Ben Longo's Longoland Shop]


Grant Orchard - director at Studio AKA

A MORNING STROLL ( Trailer) from STUDIO AKA on Vimeo.


Pleix

Nissan Qashqai from pleix on Vimeo.


Julia Pott
Another Illustrator / Animator that I am a BIG fan of!
Visit Julia Pott's Tumblr
Have a look at this Trailer for Julia Pott's Graduate Student animation - "Belly"

Belly - trailer from Julia Pott on Vimeo.


And so many beautiful art prints for sale at her shop!
Julia Pott [Image from Julia Pott's Etsy Shop]

Punga
Watch the Punga DemoReel!

Reel Advertising 2011 from PUNGA on Vimeo.


Andy Rementer
Love this pattern print from Andy's shop:
Andy Rementer [Image from Andy Rementer's Shop ]

Sauerkids
Sauerkids [Image from Sauerkids Website]

Sehsucht
Sehsucht made the Pictoplasma opener! Which you can watch below:

Pictoplasma Festival 2012 Opener from Pictoplasma on Vimeo.


Joel Trussell
Have a look at Joel's website and check out his music videos and other projects.

Henning Wagenbreth
Interview with Henning Wagenbreth by Charles Hively.


Oh my god - That was just a ridiculous idea! I should have chosen just 3 artists to feature instead of introducing the whole lot. What a conference! I wish I could have gone. :)

No comments: