27.1.12

Underwater Love

I got my underwater pictures from my Stradbroke Island holiday developed today. It has inspired an underwater themed post!

1. Start off by listening to Underwater Love by Smoke City to get you in the underwater mood:


2. I would love to visit the Enoshima Aquarium one day for a sleep over and relaxation treatment with the jellyfish.
jelly3
jelly2
jelly1

3. Beautiful pictures of Russian scientist Natalia Avseenko
swimming naked with the beluga whales in the freezing arctic!
beluga2
beluga3

4. I'm dying to get one of the new Nikon CoolPix AW100 Cameras! They are waterproof up to 10m, freeze-proof up to -10degrees and shock-proof up to 1.5m! They also have an inbuilt GPS and map, HD Video, image stabilisation etc... etc... It seems like an indestructible camera to me - I would love one as I'm sick of being so precious with my good lens on my Cannon EOS 500D and yet a lot more pro than an underwater disposable camera used on my Stradbroke Island holiday! (AND I love the camouflage design).
nikon

5. This is one of my favourite photos taken by my wonderful and talented friend Alex Grigg. I love it so much, that he gave me a print and I have framed it on my bookshelf. alexgrigg

6. Remember this? One of my favourite animation's, by Lois van Baarle.



7. Here are a few of my photos from Stradbroke Island taken with a disposable underwater camera. I love the surprise when the film is developed and so many interesting photos come out of it!underwater camera Jan2012

underwater camera Jan2012
underwater camera Jan2012
underwater camera Jan2012
underwater camera Jan2012
underwater camera Jan2012
underwater camera Jan2012
underwater camera Jan2012
underwater camera Jan2012
underwater camera Jan2012
underwater camera Jan2012
underwater camera Jan2012

8. I would like to leave you with the beautiful Esther Williams - doing an underwater ballet... I think she is an actual live mermaid. AND this funny underwater clip I came across whilst watching lots of Esther Williams footage.



2 comments:

Leath said...

Totally awesome post Emily.

I wish I could change into a merman.

Emily Nelson said...

Thanks Leath - you are already half way there! Just work on the tail a little more :P