2.4.08

mr lion and the ghosts of the past




Some Lion Progress... working on the mane... I mucked around with the face a bit! and lost his look... tried to recapture it... kind of getting there again... I wish I could make the mane alot softer and furrier... I'm so shit at fur! I just cant get it in my head how to create it... anyway above are some pics I took when I made changes...

I want the fur to look like this! (below)


Today I also sat at the 3 monkeys doing some sketches and drinking coffee whilst waiting for my modelling job across the road. The 3 Monkeys had a nice atmosphere for letting my creative thoughts flow :P These drawings are kind of about holding onto your ghosts... "I cant let go of my ghosts... finger tips attached to mine, that I hold to my heart. They whisper in my ears in their strangle hold - I get choked up... etc" kind of about not letting go of your past and your memories and letting them haunt you and hover over you... as though they are precious to you, you keep them with you... but they dont really exist... memories of people ... mmm do you get my drift? I like the first drawing I did the most... top left. a white or black transparent figure shape with its hands reaching into the hands/heart/chest/body... the person treads delicately on bare feet... not looking ahead... hmmm ramble ramble...

2 comments:

bn said...

Well I like the mane, I think it looks very soft. As for his expression, I find it fleshy and threatening - As you'd imagine the human face of a lion to be!

Oh, guess what - I'm thinking my thesis question will be: What is the spiritual significance of animals in animation! Ho ho ho.

Also nice sketches for ghosts of the past. Sorry to hear they're strangling you though Em, maybe they need something? *shrug*

Unknown said...

i dont think ive ever been ambitious enough to paint a a mane so your doing better than me. keep at it em i really look forward to seeing this finished.

(ps i updated that post of the girl with the story behind it ;) )